Copyright 2021 Klevvera.com
All Rights Reserved.

(+34) 93 17 60 190


USA: (+1) 646 475 67 89

UK: (+44) 203 868 94 90




KLEV&VERA > Articles posted by Helen Pino Vera

Can I sue in Spain?

Whether you can bring a lawsuit in Spanish courts will always depend on the type of lawsuit and sometimes, the parties involved. The types of cases can generally be put into three categories, debt collection, family law, and commercial disputes. Debt Collection Debt collection is the most straightforward in terms of jurisdiction. If the debtor is domiciled in Spain, you can bring your action there. Before you file a lawsuit however, you will first need to go through a non-judicial process. This will involve sending a certified fax request along with proper documentation such as the invoice to the debtor. If you...

Continue reading

What are the inheritance laws in Spain?

A recent uptick in inheritances has put new attention on an upcoming change in Spanish inheritance laws. Starting in 2022, the Inheritance Gift tax will be Levied in a more standardized and less subjective way. This change has prompted some to consider getting inherited property transferred sooner rather than later. Due to the tragedy of excess deaths from the COVID-19 pandemic, Spain has seen in uptick in properties being transferred via inheritance. This uptick has been most pronounced in Catalonia, with Andalusia not far behind. Madrid and Valencia have also seen significant increases. Executing an inheritance can already be a cumbersome process....

Continue reading

How to get married through a notary in Spain?

Spanish law has been recently updated to allow couples to get married before a Notary. By instruction of the Directorate-General for Legal Security and Public Faith, Notaries now have the same authority to conduct marriages as other authorities in Spain. This will help avoid the rigid hours and backlog of government offices and speed up the process. Before getting married in Spain, it is necessary to obtain a certificate granting permission to marry (Certificado de Capacidad Matrimonial) or certificate of civil status. Notaries can now receive the appropriate documents and submit them to the Civil Register (Registro Civil). Once permission is...

Continue reading

How do I verify a lawyer in Spain?

When seeking legal assistance, all the more so in a foreign country, it is normal to feel lost or overwhelmed. This, unfortunately, makes it all the easier for you to be tricked into paying fees to fraudsters who claim to be lawyers while lacking the proper training or accreditation. Here is what to look out for in order to avoid these scams. A large percentage of ‘fake lawyers’ are students with some understanding of the law but without a licence from the relevant Bar Association or ‘Colegio de Abogados’. Some are genuine lawyers who continue to practice despite being stripped of...

Continue reading

10 FAQs on child abduction cases in Spain

1. My child has been taken to live in Spain without my permission. What shall I do?   Action must be taken quickly. Het in contact with an International Lawyer in Spain as soon as possible to initiate the process of child return. An International Lawyer will advise you on all aspects of the Spanish legal system and jurisdiction in relation to your case and offer you immediate answers to your questions.   2. What documents are going to be required to support the request of return in Spain?   All the documents that demonstrate your liaison with the child: copy of child's Birth Certificate, marriage...

Continue reading

In accordance with the precepts in Constitutional Law 15/1999 for the Protection of Personal Information and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 EU, Klev&Vera Law Firm, SLP wishes to inform you that all the information Klev&Vera Law Firm, SLP receives within its different services is processed with maximum confidentiality and security, and will be incorporated into an automated file of whose creation the Data Protection Agency is duly informed. The data you provide us, namely your email address and your location (if applicable) may be used for sending you advertisements or any other information that may be of interest. Information requested and marked with an asterisk (*) is required. In any case, you can exercise your rights of access, rectification, suppression, portability, and limitation or opposition to data processing by writing to Klev&Vera Law Firm, SLP. In your request you must include your name, and your address for notification purposes, date and signature of the applicant and also a photocopy of ID or passport or other documents, in order to verify your request, all without prejudice to other purposes and/or procedures established by legislation. For sending such requests you must use a way which proves its sending and reception.

You hereby accept and give your consent freely and with sufficient information, to provide the above information for its delivery and processing, as well as allow us to pass your data to third parties who collaborate with us for the correct functioning of our firm.

Our official address is: Carrer de València, 281, 2º 2ª, 08009 Barcelona, info@klevvera.com.