Copyright 2021 Klevvera.com
All Rights Reserved.

(+34) 93 17 60 190


USA: (+1) 646 475 67 89

UK: (+44) 203 868 94 90




KLEV&VERA > Necessary Forms  > Guide to the S1 form for UK nationals living in Spain

Guide to the S1 form for UK nationals living in Spain

The S1 form, once registered, entitles you and your dependents to state healthcare in Spain on the same basis as a Spanish national. You may be eligible for this form if you fall into certain categories. These include some frontier workers as well as those Britons who moved to Spain before 1 January 2021 and receive certain ‘exportable benefits’.

If you have a UK State Pension, you must request an application form from the NHS Overseas Healthcare Services over the phone. You must then register your S1 form with the Instituto Nacional de la Seguridad Social (INSS). If you cannot go to an INSS office in person, you can register online.

Before registering, you will need to ensure you have the following documents: your S1 form, completed healthcare application form, your padrón certificate, your passport and your residency certificate or new TIE card (Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero). If you are in the process of applying for your TIE card, you can use a ‘resolución favorable’, a confirmation of approval of your application. These files must have a maximum size of 10MB. In addition, you must have your email address, Spanish telephone number and NIE number available.

There is an online registration form in Spanish on the INSS website for those who are not already registered. If you are registered on the website, you should log in before starting. You must then input all your relevant personal details, including NIE (número de identidad de extranjero) and Spanish telephone number.

From the ‘Categoría’ dropdown, choose the ‘Asistencia Sanitaria’ option. In the text box asking for an explanation of the reason for your request write ‘Inscripción del formulario S1’. You must then upload all the documents listed above and submit your form. You will receive an email of confirmation. If the INSS needs more information or you need to book an in-person appointment they will contact you.

For more information, please visit the UK Government advice websites for healthcare in Spain and for S1 form registration.

Author: Klev & Vera Law Firm SLP

No Comments

Leave a Comment

In accordance with the precepts in Constitutional Law 15/1999 for the Protection of Personal Information and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 EU, Klev&Vera Law Firm, SLP wishes to inform you that all the information Klev&Vera Law Firm, SLP receives within its different services is processed with maximum confidentiality and security, and will be incorporated into an automated file of whose creation the Data Protection Agency is duly informed. The data you provide us, namely your email address and your location (if applicable) may be used for sending you advertisements or any other information that may be of interest. Information requested and marked with an asterisk (*) is required. In any case, you can exercise your rights of access, rectification, suppression, portability, and limitation or opposition to data processing by writing to Klev&Vera Law Firm, SLP. In your request you must include your name, and your address for notification purposes, date and signature of the applicant and also a photocopy of ID or passport or other documents, in order to verify your request, all without prejudice to other purposes and/or procedures established by legislation. For sending such requests you must use a way which proves its sending and reception.

You hereby accept and give your consent freely and with sufficient information, to provide the above information for its delivery and processing, as well as allow us to pass your data to third parties who collaborate with us for the correct functioning of our firm.

Our official address is: Carrer de València, 281, 2º 2ª, 08009 Barcelona, info@klevvera.com.