Copyright 2021 Klevvera.com
All Rights Reserved.

(+34) 93 17 60 190


USA: (+1) 646 475 67 89

UK: (+44) 203 868 94 90






The Klev&Vera Law News Update

Prenups in Spain

Are prenups legal in Spain? What happens if you don't sign a prenup? Marriage can be described as a contract between two partners. Should this contract ever be dissolved, a prenuptial agreement, short: prenup, can make the separation and divorce process both easier and less painful. Unfortunately, a lot of couples shy away from this topic as it can be an uncomfortable and difficult conversation. Ironically these couples might happen to have even more inconvenient conversations during the process of separation and divorce. What does “prenup” mean? A prenup is defined as a written contract between two people before they commit to marriage. It...

Continue reading

What is a Family Book in Spain?

The Family Book, Spanish “Libro de Familia”, is a free document issued by the Spanish Ministry of Justice and processed at the Civil Registry. It is used as a family register which records the relationship between parents and children, births, adoptions, deaths, separations, divorces and much more. In the event that the holders divorce and have children with other couples, a new book is issued to certify this new relationship. What is the Family Book good for? The use of the Libro de Familia was approved in 1915 during the reign of Alfonso XIII, with the aim of compressing an entire family’s...

Continue reading

What is the right of usufruct?

A usufruct is a real, non-saleable and non-inheritable property right that grants another person - the usufructuary - the right to make use of one or more assets which belong to someone else - the main proprietor - and to earn income such as rent from it without owning it himself. A usufruct is a combination of the two property rights usus and fructus. Usus refers to the right to use something directly without damaging or altering it. Fructus refers to the right to enjoy the fruits of the property being used, which basically means profiting from the real property by leasing it,...

Continue reading

How to dissolve a common-law partnership in Catalonia?

These days it becomes more popular for couples to cohabit without even the intention of getting married. Nevertheless, couples often want to put their relationship on a more solid, practical and lasting footing. With the "pareja de hecho", a legal status that a couple can apply for and that requires them to have a long-lasting relationship in which they have lived together for at least 12 months, Catalonia has granted couples legal protection even if they are not married. However, as with marriages, cohabiting couples can also separate if, for example, the love is over or living together becomes unbearable. There are...

Continue reading

How do you homologate a degree in Spain?

Recognizing academic qualifications in another country is not always as easy as it sounds. Getting an overseas qualification officially recognized (“homologación de título”) in Spain means that it has the same academic and professional value as its Spanish equivalent. The process of degree recognition in Spain is a complex and time-consuming one and there is no automatic recognition of academic qualifications between EU countries. It usually takes between 6 and 12 months. Who needs degree homologation in Spain? You may need to have your university degree recognized in Spain if you want to work in a professional field that requires academic credentials, if...

Continue reading

What rights do tenants have in Spain?

Spain has recently updated its urban lease law to prohibit certain clauses found in rental contracts. While these types of provisions are now prohibited, many lease contracts still contain them. For such contracts, these provisions will be null. It is important to know them when you see them. Duration of the Lease In the wake of COVID-19, many lessors have tried to convert vacation rentals into more permanent residencies with vacation rental time periods. These time limitations are generally null and void. Renters for contracts of less than five years have the opportunity to extend their lease regardless of constraints the lessor...

Continue reading

In accordance with the precepts in Constitutional Law 15/1999 for the Protection of Personal Information and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 EU, Klev&Vera Law Firm, SLP wishes to inform you that all the information Klev&Vera Law Firm, SLP receives within its different services is processed with maximum confidentiality and security, and will be incorporated into an automated file of whose creation the Data Protection Agency is duly informed. The data you provide us, namely your email address and your location (if applicable) may be used for sending you advertisements or any other information that may be of interest. Information requested and marked with an asterisk (*) is required. In any case, you can exercise your rights of access, rectification, suppression, portability, and limitation or opposition to data processing by writing to Klev&Vera Law Firm, SLP. In your request you must include your name, and your address for notification purposes, date and signature of the applicant and also a photocopy of ID or passport or other documents, in order to verify your request, all without prejudice to other purposes and/or procedures established by legislation. For sending such requests you must use a way which proves its sending and reception.

You hereby accept and give your consent freely and with sufficient information, to provide the above information for its delivery and processing, as well as allow us to pass your data to third parties who collaborate with us for the correct functioning of our firm.

Our official address is: Carrer de València, 281, 2º 2ª, 08009 Barcelona, info@klevvera.com.